Friday, October 10, 2008

Tyler Begins his tour in Korea

We had a great time with Tyler while he was home for 2 and 1/2 weeks; it was definitely too short, though. We never dreamed that we would be spending the first 18 months of the Air Force apart. We tried to make the best of every day while he was home and now he is in Korea and we are missing him already. I have to look at all the blessings that will come of this, though. Obviously this is what the Lord has in store for us at this time. So I put up my sticker-count-down chart up and we have 2 days down and 363 to go! He is planning on coming home for a few weeks in May and I might get to go and visit him in January, so that will help. So...may the year go fast for the Bantas!




6 comments:

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

I too hope it goes fast for you and I admire your strength girly!

Jenn said...

I am amazed by your courage and faith about Tyler being away. Hopefully this year will go by fast and you will learn things that will bless your lives forever!If you ever need anything let me know, I would love to help if I can. I would even help out with Millie if I had that talent, I can assure you everything Aisley knows she has learned on her own through sesame street and leap frog phonic magnets. If you get any tips about potty training or other things feel free to share, we could use all the help we can get too :)Seriously if you need anything I would love to help

emily said...

Ali, you are amazing. A much better woman than I. Continue being strong. Time really does go fast & I hope you get to see each other a couple times during the year.

Laura said...

I love love love your new family pictures. They are so cute. I too hope that this year goes by fast for your family.

Jullie said...

Hey Alicia, I found you through Emily's blog, I hope you don't mind. It was so fun seeing you in Pizza Hut a couple of weeks ago. You and your family are amazing to be able to what you are having to go through with Tyler being away. I hope the year goes so fast and Tyler is safe! We need to get together and hang out, to help your year go by faster! Good Luck
Jullie (Dana) O.

tod_emily said...

Alicia,

I don't know how you can stand being away from your hubby for so long! I give you so much credit for it and for all the other military families! You have such a cute family! Take care! Hope Tyler is doing well in Korea!

Emily