Saturday, November 1, 2008

An Update on the Bantas

I haven't been blogging very much lately, so I figured it was time for an update.

Tyler:
Tyler has been in Korea for 3 and 1/2 weeks; we're getting close to 1 month down! He is doing as good as he can be on a very small over sea base with mostly single guys who don't know what it's like to leave a wife and a child behind, and who mostly all drink heavily because of the free Beer over there. But there is a small branch on base with about 10 other guys who mostly have families. Tyler and I talk about every day through Skype and web cam. The 15 hour time difference makes it a little challenging at times to coordinate times to talk to each other, though.

Milly:
Milly is doing great and loves to talk to her Daddy, especially on web-cam. I'm so blessed to have her. She keeps me busy, laughing, and smiling. Her latest thing is horses; she loves playing with my little brother's toy horses and my little sister's doll house dolls. She has to bath with them, play with them, and sleep with them at times. She is so funny. She also loves bubble gum. I give my piano students bubble gum, so she begs for a piece when she can, and usually she just swallows it, but lately, she will chew it for about 10-15 minutes, and then I'll ask her if she's done, and she will say "Yes," and spit it out in my hand to throw away. So Smart! Milly was Pebbles from The Flintstones cartoon for Halloween and I was Betty. Milly was so cute, and she loved the idea of holding open her bag and saying "Trick or Treat" for candy.

Me:
Well, I stay busy taking care of Milly, teaching 10 students piano lessons, and sleeping a lot lately, about 2 naps a day to be exact. I was going to wait longer to tell, but what the heck...I'm pregnant, and due about June 11th (according to the Internet)! We're excited, except now I am remembering how tired I was with Milly, and queasy I get when I need food. So, making my bed, cleaning up after Milly daily, and putting on makeup everyday have not been priorities for me lately. But I will get through this and we are excited. I am wondering how you mothers do it with your pregnancies after your first child! Any advice or Empathy would be greatly appreciated.

15 comments:

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

No advice, sorry I do not have a clue how your suppose to be prego with a kid already! SCARY! BUT CONGRATS! That is so exciting! I hope you get feeling better soon! And don't feel guilty about not getting much done, I'm not pregnant and I still don't get much done.

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

The only way I could hadle it was by letting the little stuff go. If the dishes aren't done, oh well. If you are too tired to finish the laundry, so be it. it sounds like you are already doing some of this though. Mostly, just remember that children are very forgiving. If you feel too sick to play with Millie all the time, just remember that even if she acts diappointed, she will forgive you and forget it with a few minutes. Hang in there. Congrats!!

Brooke said...

For me it was trying to stay as active as a could. For the first bit of my pregnancy with Jack I was coaching volleyball so I sort of had a head start there. But as weird as it sounds working out actually gave me more energy to do things. The only other advice/empathy I've got is that this too shall pass. Hope you get feeling better and a bit more energetic soon.

Laura said...

First off...CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is awesome. I love having two children. With my second, I laid on the couch a lot while I was so sick. Callie got a lot of playing time in. And she also watched movies when I was in the bathroom so much over the toilet. You will do awesome. Just take one day at a time and remember that you and Milly will make it through it, some days I didn't think would ever end, but they miraculously always did!!
That is wonderful that you get to talk to Tyler that frequently.

Jenn said...

Congratulations! It sounds frightening and incredibly exciting at the same time. Take advantage of having your family around, I really wish mine were close. The quote that I frequently thought about to get myself through my tough expecting days was this: “When God wants a great work done in the world or a great wrong righted, he goes about it in a very unusual way. He doesn’t stir up his earthquakes or send forth his thunderbolts. Instead, he has a helpless baby born, perhaps in a simple home out of some obscure mother. And then God puts the idea into the mother’s heart, and she puts it into the baby’s mind. And then God waits. The greatest forces in the world are not the earthquakes and the thunderbolts. The greatest forces in the world are babies.”- ET Sullivan (The Treasure Chest, p. 53.) If you ever need anything, even if its just a listening ear, feel free to ask.

The Stewarts said...

Just remember that the Lord loves you no matter if you lay in bed all day and Millie doesn't get out of her jammies or the cloths from the day before. So will Tyler and Millie. I have had my share of laying around while prego. My sister in-law took the time she was prego with her second to teach her first ABC's, numbers, and colors. Congrats and you will make it through this. Don't sweat the small stuff just enjoy what you can.

Sarah said...

Congrats! The best thing you can do is listen to your body and take care of yourself. It's hard but get rest, and if there are a few more movies on during the day so mommy can have a few more milli-seconds of shut eye it will be worth it to you, Milly and baby. A rested mommy is a happy mommy and a happy mommy is a happy family!

emily said...

congrats!!! I bet that will help time go by faster while tyler is gone. You are such a cute mom.

Ashley's Cakes by Design said...

Hey there! I found your blog as I was looking through others contacts, hope you don't mind... :o) Congratulations on the upcoming addition! :o) I remember those tired days...all too well. You're doing fine though with your priorities. :o) I am sad for you though that Tyler isn't there with you, I hear the webcams are just about the best thing though! Keep smiling, you are one tough woman!

Brooke Carroll said...

Hi Alicia,
I don't know if you remember me, but this is Brooke (Cassity) Carroll. Your family used to live next to my grandma in Star Valley! I used to come there often, and I haven't seen you in years! I use to go to church with Breann and remember seeing you there too! I saw your blog on wanted to say hi and hope you are doing well. Take care and congrats on your pregnancy!

Lindsey said...

Congrats lish! I am so excited for you! We definately need to catch up I will call you soon!

Brooke Carroll said...

Hey Alicia, it's Brooke again-sorry to bother you but I just remembered that my profile is private, so I wanted to invite you to read my blog if you want to (sorry about that!) If you want to send me an email, I will send you an invite back. Hope to hear from you! My email is bcass_crazybeautiful@yahoo.com. Take care!

proudmamablogga said...

I can offer a lot of empathy. Let's just say Pearl became good friends with Dora the Explorer that first trimester. But let me say that two kids is actually a LOT of fun; I am so excited for you!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

How are you feeling?

Jess said...

Congrats on a second pregnancy. I hope you are feeling well. It is nice that you will be with family while Tyler is away. I love all your pictures. Your family is adorable.