Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A time for Gratitude

Thanksgiving was great, but would have been better with Tyler. We spent dinner with my Mom's side of the family, and spent the rest of the Holiday being lazy, watching movies, and went and got a Christmas tree On Saturday. We actually had some snow, so we put the little kids in sleds and walked up in the mountain, cut a tree down, and drug it to the truck. Yes, we are real pioneers. Of course Thanksgiving is always a time to reflect on what we are grateful for, so here is a small list of my gratitudes:

1. I am grateful for a wonderful husband who is so thoughtful and so full of strength and courage.
2. I am grateful for wonderful parents who continue to teach me so much, love me, and put up with me even though I am 24 and still living at home with a very busy and curious 2 year old.
3. I am grateful for Amilya and her sweet spirit, her energy, her creativeness, and how loving she is. If she senses I am hurt, she is sure to say, "You OK Mama?"
4. I am grateful for my health and strength and two healthy legs, which are two things I took for granted for not too long ago.
5. I am grateful for all of my siblings, including my in-law siblings; they are all incredible people.
6. I am grateful for beautiful Star Valley, the mountains, and the 4 seasons we get to experience here.
7 I am grateful for friends who love me despite my weaknesses and are such incredible examples to me.
8. I am grateful for time to actually sit here and write this.
9. I am grateful for my talents and my love for music that inspires me everyday.
10. I am grateful to be me, despite my many weaknesses and trials.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Well we love you too! Oh and I really don't believe number 6. There are only 2 seasons there maybe 3: Cold, freezing, and occasionally defrost.

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

What a wonderful attitude you have! Thank you for your example.

Johnsons said...

hey guys! we need your mailing address! love you guys
joy cliff and malachi!

Hepworth Family said...

Alicia,
You have such an amazing outlook on life! I love it and find inspiration there too.
I hope that you have a wonderful holiday with your little family!
~Britt~

Jenn said...

Hey Alicia,
I was just thinking of you and thought I would leave a comment. We have a Christmas card for you, where do I mail it? How is Tyler doing? How bout Millie and the pregnancy? I hope that everything is going great!
-Jenn