Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sponge Curlers!

This post is about sponge curlers, but before I get into that, let me just tell everyone how proud I am of my daughter for being ready, eager, and excited to be potty trained and start wearing underwear! We started last week for the 3rd round of potty training, and she was very ready and is doing so awesome! I am so grateful, as we will have a baby boy in diapers in 10 weeks from now...or less!


So about the curlers...

When I was a little girl, every Saturday night, my Mom would put sponge curlers in me and my sister's hair, so when Sunday morning came, all she had to do was take the curlers out and put a bow or barrette in our hair and we were done and ready for church.

This last Sunday we had church at 8:00 a.m instead of 9:00 a.m because of the Draper Temple Dedication. After Amilya's bath Saturday night, my Mom suggested we put curlers in her hair for her to sleep in. I was all for it, and my Mom actually put the curlers in Milly's hair, so I had it real easy! We just put her in front of the T.V, and she did great!

The best part was when we woke up Sunday morning bright and early and all the curlers had stayed in perfectly. I took them out, ran my fingers through the curls, put a simple barrette in her hair, and presto! She was all done, and it was so awesome. Usually doing Milly's hair is a fight! She runs around the house screaming while I try to chase her down and hurry and do something simple. Tha explains why her hair never looks that cute.

Yes, we were on time to church and I am a big curler fan now. I highly recommend sponge curlers for little girls on Saturday nights!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I love sponge curlers too! If only Aisley would let me get them in her hair! Good luck with the potty training, we are still having some rough days, but all in all its moving along. It sure would be nice to have only one in diapers :)

Hepworth Family said...

Such a cutie! My mom used to put our hair in curlers too! I agree with you they are a cute and quick way to do hair on Sundays.

Brooke said...

And now we know what Tyler would look like with curlers too! She really looks like Daddy in that picture (but cuter)!

The Boone Family said...

Alicia...Hello, my long lost friend! Cute family and cute blog! I love this post because I can totally relate. My mom always put sponge curlers in my hair on Sat. nights. Good luck with the pregnancy! We just had a baby boy too! It's a lot of fun!

Tiffany said...

hey alicia, your little girl is ADORABLE! Hope all is well with you and your family. you look great!