Friday, May 29, 2009

Both my boys in one night...

This is when Tyler flew into the Jackson Airport...






This is 6 hours later...


Yes, we had a big surprise Saturday night when Tyler arrived at 8:30 p.m, and Taysen was born at 2:00 a.m. Sunday morning. This is how it went... We arrived in Alpine at 10:30 pm where we were planning on staying the night at a motel. At about 11:30, I started having mild contractions, and tried to go to sleep for about an hour, and then they gradually grew stronger and more frequent, so we headed for the hostpital at 12:50 a.m. I told Tyler on the way to the hostpital (which was 45 minutes away) that I had every intention of getting an epidural. We arrived at the hostpital at about 1:40, and as soon as I walked in the doors, my contractions got much more intense. I kept telling them I wanted an epidural as they were getting me settled in and checking me. Well, my body worked a lot faster than I expected because after they hooked me up to the monitors I had two big contractions, and then on the third one, my water bursted, and right before the 4th or 5th contraction the doctor walked in and told me to push. I pushed twice, and our little guy came out at 1:58 a.m. I didn't plan on having a natural birth, but I am surprised that it wasn't as bad as I thought. I am grateful for the unexpected opportunity to experience one. We named our baby boy Taysen Stanley Banta and he weighed 5 lbs and 11 oz. He is the sweetest most peaceful baby and is doing great. We are very excited to have Tyler home for 3 more weeks and to have our baby boy here at last.

18 comments:

Hepworth Family said...

Ohhh! What a memorable night! I'm sure Tyler was exhausted, but so happy and proud. I hope you enjoy these next few weeks together with your 2 boys and cute little girl!

Hepworth Family said...

By the way Alicia you look amazing for 2 in the morning and just having a baby!
Congratulations to all of you!

kag2 said...

Congrats! What a cute little baby. What an awesome day to have both of your boys with ya. Enjoy!

Laura said...

What a crazy awesome night!!! That is the best. He is super cute. Congratulations to you all!!

Brooke said...

whoo hoo! Of course Natural is okay when you only have 6 contractions at the hospital you stinker! We're so excited to see you guys next weekend. I hope you're recovering well and getting some sleep!

The Boone Family said...

Congratulations! Adorable baby!

Jake and RaNette Free said...

HAPPY DAY!!!!

LeBaron Family said...

What a wonderful gift! Congrats! He's so cute!

emily said...

I'm so glad that Tyler could be there. Congratulations. Enjoy every moment.

Jenn said...

Hey guys! We are going to be in Star Valley this weekend, if you have any free time that we could come and see you let us know!

Jon and Sarah Jackson Family said...

I am so very happy for you. he is beautiful.

Linzi said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! Yay for short labors! My second was also super fast. Congrats again :)

Francis Family said...

YAY!!! Congratulations! Such exciting news, and great that your husband could be there for the birth! What luck! You are still just as pretty as ever. Congratulations again.

Jullie said...

Congratulations!! What a crazy night you had but one you won't ever forget! He is a cutie!

*Cam* said...

Congratulations!!!! Soo cute!!! Thats so exciting Tyler got to be there too!!!! :)

Lindsey said...

Wow that must have been an emotional night! I miss you so much! Its been so long since we have talked. I'm sorry! congratultaions, he looks so amazing, and I am so glad that tyler got back safely! I'll get in touch with you when I get home. :)
Loves

kag2 said...

Hey it was good to see you at Demi's Bridal Shower. Your little guy is so cute and you look good for just having a baby.

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!!!!!he is adorable..looking beautiful..what a wonderful gift...one second congrats...

--
Reenee
Get the best FREE offers on the Best Home security Systems